Security Services Specialist - Intern
Join the global leader in the Security industry as we confront the world's most challenging cybersecurity problems and protect our customers and the world from emerging cyber threats. Through the intersection of AI, intelligent orchestration, the agility of the cloud and collaboration with each other, we tackle the cybersecurity challenges ahead of us. Tell the world how You, Watson, and IBM Security fight to defend businesses, institutions and governments across 130 countries. Be a part of IBM's rich history of innovation and research to deliver solutions built on the foundation of over 3,500 security patents. Are you ready to put on your cape and help us fight the bad guys? T his is your chance to become agile and to create meaningful solutions that impact our technology and business transformation for a new business era - all in just one summer!
IBM Security is seeking a Security Services Intern for our Security Services group based in Atlanta, GA. You will be responsible for solving problems our clients and security analysts face on a daily basis . This job entails developing creative solutions to solve complex security orchestration problems. Interns will work in cross functional project groups that will support multiple areas of the IBM Security Services and Managed Security Services (MSS) organizations. Each project will require a combination skill sets including software development and engineering , network and security engineering , business analysis and project manage ment. In addition to assigned projects, each intern will have the opportunity to work on an innovation project owning all aspects end-to-end including: idea generation, idea pitch, solution design, marketing and business plan development, product demo, culminating in a presentation of the innovation project to a panel of IBM Security executives.
What do we look for in a successful Security Services Intern?
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following d omains:
- backend, frontend, or full stack development
- TCP/IP networking & routing
- IT security fundamentals
- cloud-based development
- system architecture
- managed information systems
- Must demonstrate proven academic success.
- To qualify for this internship, you must be currently enrolled in a degree program with an accredited institution.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and routing concepts.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT Security Fundamentals and general cyber-security concepts.
- Familiarity with common security vulnerabilities and associated concepts
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to pick up new technologies and concepts through self-training or with minimal guidance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity, knowledge and/or experience with any of the following technologies: CheckPoint, Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Vyatta, IBM Qradar, Splunk, Qualys
- Understanding and/or experience working with Linux systems and Linux administration
- Understanding and/or experience with Agile, Design Thinking practices
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps practices
- Understanding and/or experience working with REST APIs
- Experience working with Watson Services and Watson APIs
- Experience with cloud technologies (IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud preferred)
- Experience with automation tools (Chef, Open Whisk, Ansible, or BMC Atrium Orchestrator)
- Experience with git
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top