Security Services Consultant : IBM Tech Re-Entry
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
IBM Security is seeking highly talented candidates to fill consultative, client focused, and security services roles.
We are in an era of advanced cybersecurity threats. These threats are persistent and continuously evolving. You need only read the newspaper to know how ever present and sophisticated hackers are today. The attacks are increasing in complexity and the impacts of security breaches on organizations can be devastating. Yesterday's reactive security programs no longer equip organizations to approach security in a dynamic, strategic manner.
At IBM, our clients have security in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM's security team, you will work with teams and clients as they transform organizational security. We're driven by more than just providing security solutions for organizations. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
At IBM Security, we partner with Fortune 100 clients to deliver real value by:
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading security research capabilities
- Enriching business consulting with advanced security research, analytics and technologies
- Solving complex client challenges and providing holistic solutions that incorporate people, processes, and technologies to improve security posture
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to monitor, detect, plan, build, implement, and support advanced security solutions
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experiences and capabilities.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
In order to qualify for this returnship, you must have been out of the full-time workforce for a minimum of 2 years. Upon acceptance of the offer you are required to attend a 3 day orientation in our HQ Armonk, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and/or experience with IT system administration or network administration
- Expertise with Operating Systems - Linux (preferred) / Unix / Windows
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP Network Fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of basic routing protocol fundamentals
- Experience with Basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cyber Threat Analysis and IDS/IPS/SIEM Fundamentals
- Knowledge of Firewall Fundamentals and/or experience with Firewall administration and management
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and fundamentals
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Must be able to draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor/Masters degree in MIS/CIS/CS/IT or other technology field(s)
- 2+ years experience with IT system or network administration; Network Troubleshooting and IT Security
- 4+ years experience with Operating Systems - Linux (preferred) / Unix / Windows
- In depth knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP Network Fundamentals
- 2+ years experience with cyber intelligence analysis, including open source research and analytical tradecraft
- 2+ years experience with identifying cyber threat actors, including advanced persistent threats and associated Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- 2+ years experience in Trending/Threat Analysis Report Writing and Performing cyber system security assessments
- 2+ years experience in Cyber Threat Analysis and IDS/IPS/SIEM systems
- 2+ years experience with Firewall administration and management
- 1 year experience with QRadar and/or ArcSignt and/or Splunk
- One or more professional certifications (CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC, GCIA, CEH)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top