Security Service Specialist / Engineer - IBM CISO
Job Role: Security Services Specialist/Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We're looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us in our location in Herndon, VA.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical information and security background with an emphasis on supporting enterprise security applications and services. He / She will work within a fast¬ paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement and support next generation security solutions.
Essential Job Duties:
• Contact with customers and ensure solutions for their issues. Drive customer satisfaction.
• For service enablement, this role will assist internal development teams with onboarding, planning and integration to maximize business value and enhance user experience.
• Strong Experience in managing or supporting applications that are hosted in Linux Based environment
• In each of these areas, a crucial aspect of this role is to identify areas for improvement and automation to reduce the need for nonautomated processes and interventions, and to work with the squad to define improved processes and tools.
• Perform Day today monitoring and operational support of managed solutions
• Respond to, handle and escalate service and implementation issues.
• Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis, and network configuration/tuning.
• Work with development initiatives to proactively prepare server builds and input on design/implementation considerations.
• Document RedHat Linux configurations and procedures, participate in environment planning meetings, and communicate environment requirements to management.
• Understanding of Cyber Security and Different Domains of Cyber Security
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Also be able to create supported documentation for end users or customers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Self-starter who is excited about technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years' experience in managing and supporting security services and enterprise security applications.
• 5+ Years of Hands-on Linux System Administration experience
• Security Essentials or Understanding of Cyber security domains.
• Experience with Windows Server Administration
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Java, Eclipse/Ant knowledge
• Experience in Agile Methodologies.
• Experience in supporting Drupal platforms - mainly custom developed drupal modules.
• Linux and Security Certifications
• Experience with Hardware Security Module and Code Signing Applications.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top