Security Operations Manager
- Boulder, CO
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role, the Security Operations Manager will support IBM Cloud Shared Services (CSS) serving as the Security Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the delivery of SOC security services of a 24/7/365 SOC environment supporting Public Sector clients in the Federal Data Center, Boulder, CO.
- You will also be responsible for managing a team of Security Engineers supporting the tooling that provides the SOC services, as well as the SOC Analysts supporting 24x7x365 security monitoring.
- You will be responsible for generating Key Process Indicator (KPI) reports, reports for clients, working with internal IBM Program team as well as external clients and reports to the Cyber & Biometrics Security Leader.
- Manage Security Staff to maintain effective 24/7/365 operations
- Effectively work with MSS Security Lead, CSS leadership and IBM and Federal clients
- Develop and maintain Security KPIs and reports, weekly and monthly.
- Develop and maintain SOC up to date and comprehensive operating procedures
- Manage personnel, including performance reviews, goal setting, etc.
- Work is located in Boulder, CO
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Extensive SOC experience running 24x7x365 operations
• Excellent staff management skills, working with staff performing shift duitiess during days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• In-depth understanding of Federal information security principles and controls as it relates to application systems and general support systems, including network security.
• Experience with implementing and maintaining SIEM systems
• Experience performing Vulnerability Management in an enterprise environment
• Experience in risk management
• Experience in vulnerability scanning and vulnerability management practices and tools
• Experience in security and network incident response procedures
• Experience in security policy development
• CISSP or CISM security certification required
• Escalation point 24x7x365 for issues that require management attention/assistance
Security clearance: Minimum of DOD Secret Clearable To: TS/SCI
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• SOC Manager - 2 years
• Security Manager - 3 years
• SIEM analysis and reporting - 1 year
• Anti-Virus analysis and reporting - 1 year
• Vulnerability Scanning (System, Database and Application) experience - 1 year
• CISA, CGEIT, CIPP/G, CIPP/US certifications desirable in addition to CISSP or CISM
About Business Unit
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Your Life @ IBM
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top