Security Managing Consultant
The Managing Consultants in the Asian Security Services practice should be advisors and pragmatic management consultants that can speak to the security landscape with senior and C-Level members of a client management or executive teams. The Managing Consultants should have depth of knowledge and experience in one of the core security domains (Security Strategy Risk and Compliance; IAM; SOC Operations; Application and Data; Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security) but should be able to speak to the breadth of the Information Security/ Cyber Security or/ and Technology Risk landscape as well.
The Managing Consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of workshops, and consulting engagements, which assess a client's security capabilities, which could be in the policy, process, technology or organizational areas, identify gaps and recommend cost effective best practices to reduce client risk and increase their handle on security risk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Core consulting
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
• Strong written skills
• Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
• Ability to lead and shape client expectations
• Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
• Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
• Ability to work in a matrix management model
- The successful Senior Managing Consultant will be internal advisor to other IBM consultants and client teams. The Senior Managing Consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then organizing the delivery of security consulting services with local teams.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Experience in working international deployment roles
- At least 10 years experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed
- Security Services in a top tier professional services firm or in an end user environment
- At least 8 years experience in working with security consulting teams Required
- Min. Bachelor's Degree in Information Security or equivalent
- At least 8 years experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm or in an end user environment
- At least 8 years experience in projects related to the core security domain
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top