Security Intelligence Software & Cloud Orchestration Developer
- San Francisco, CA
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM® Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
Location for this role: Fredericton or Ottawa.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
• You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices
• You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps-oriented fashion
• You will be an early adopter of new product offerings and help innovate 'what's next'
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written).
- At least 5 years experience in applying knowledge of Software Development practices.
- 3 years working within Agile Development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- 3 years experience developing commercial software using Python and/or Java.
- 3 years experience working with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- 3 years experience writing unit and integration tests.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Openshfit, Kafka, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices.
- Basic experience working with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, ...)
- Basic experience working with GIT
- Basic scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Basic experience working with security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
- Relational database concepts
- Interest in Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Internet/Network Security
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely. Join our global team of IBM Security employees in protecting the world, and helping our clients thrive in the face of cyber uncertainty.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
.IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top