Security Intelligence Software & Cloud Orchestration Developer
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM® Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts, we invite you to join the team & make a difference whilst building your career!
Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives, to design, code, test & provide industry leading solutions that make the world run today. Planes & trains take off on time, bank transactions happen in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe because of the work our developers do.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the QRadar Software Development Team, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques & approaches & be responsible for maintaining and extending the capabilities of IBM's QRadar Cloud offerings. You will also be responsible for developing automation to enable & support CICD type processes through building repeatable solutions.
As a qualified candidate, you must be able to:
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Perform regular maintenance refactoring of existing code
- Trouble shoot and diagnose software problems, and provide solutions
- Turn product requirements into concrete design specifications (e.g. UML/interaction diagrams, wireframes, etc)
- Collaborate with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues
- Work with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years' experience in applying knowledge of Software Development practices
- Knowledge of Agile Development Cycle principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience managing source code using version control systems (SVN, GIT, etc)
- 2+ years' experience writing code using Java, Python
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Interest & passion for Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Internet/Network Security
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible
- Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices
- Basic experience working with a broad range of Java technologies (JMS, JNI, JDBC)
- Basic experience working with GIT
- Experience working with Eclipse, Perl, and Tomcat
- Basic scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Basic experience working with security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
- Relational database concepts
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top