Security Front End Developer
Location: Ottawa or Fredericton
The Security design team is looking for a creative front end developer who has an eye for user experience (UX) design and is excited by learning new technology. This position is for a hands-on user interface (UI) engineer who's comfortable using newer technologies like React to deliver reusable experiences and patterns for the division's portfolio. This is an opportunity to grow both interpersonal and technical skills , a s well as to help bridge the gap between design , engineering, and offering management a cross multiple projects.
- Write clean, standards- compliant , and accessible client-side component code for web applications
- Quickly generate prototype s from UI concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards and technology while advocating for best practices
- Experience with agile / scrum ceremonies and being able to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Collaborate regularly with design , offering management ( OM ) , and other engineers to help solve challenging problems
- Research best practices and evaluate multiple approaches to accomplishing tasks
- Operate as part of a distributed team without guidance and supervision
- Processing user requests and planning releases
This role may involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- E xperience with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Experience with testing frameworks and writing unit tests
- C ompetency in building responsive layouts
- Practical knowledge of accessibility guidelines and performance optimization techniques
- Collaboration in a GitHub repository with many contributors and comfortable with workflows like code reviews, forking, pull requests, etc.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience leveraging design systems
- RESTful APIs
- Open source contributions
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top