Security Firewall Specialist
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it ground breaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You'll learn directly from experts in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you.
- Create, modify and tune the SIEM rules to adjust the specifications of alerts and incidents.
- Work with the customer designated personnel to provide continual correlation rule tuning, incident classification and prioritization recommendations.
- Report query adjustments, and various other SIEM configuration activities.
- Assist customers to fully optimize the SIEM system capabilities as well as the audit and logging features of the event log sources.
- Work closely with the assigned Managed Services SIEM resources to ensure client's customized solution is functioning optimally and continuously tuned to the client's needs.
- Collaborate with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional manner.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5 Yrs of total experience with 3+ years of relevant experience in any product in SIEM (Arcsight, Qradar, LogRhythm, Splunk ES, McAfee, Solarwinds, RSA NetWitness Suite)
- Security Operations (L1/ L2/ L3) in Infrastructure Security Services domains.
- Basic knowledge about Risk, Incident and Change Management
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Basic knowledge and understanding about OWASP Top Ten
- Should be ready to work in rotational shifts - 24/7.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top