IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a Security Engineer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for the daily monitoring of the IBM Mobility Management Portal (MMP).
- Provide support to the IBM Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Team Lead throughout the year to maintain the United States Africa Command (USEFRCOM) Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Provide support in collecting screen shots, audit logs and other artifacts needed for A&A, FedRAMP and DISE assessments.
- Monitor daily the IBM MMP and check to see that the application is up and running as expected.
- Use SolarWinds to check the status of IBM MMP servers.
- If an alert is detected, the SE will create a trouble shooting ticket and send it to the Federal Datacenter Support Team. The SE will monitor the progress of the ticket from beginning to end. The SE will keep a comprehensive track on all tickets and their status. This will also include working and speaking with the Windows and Linux teams. If this is an application error the SE will work with the application owners and resolve the issue.
- The SE will be fully versed in Linux.
- The SE will be able to conduct weekly updates of Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs), be able to access production logs, and maintain an accurate system inventory list to include hardware and software.
- Will know how to use remote access tools such as: Putty & WinSCP.
- The SE will be able to review application scan findings and provide guidance on how to fix detected issues, as well as be able to restart the application after weekend patching activities and have a general understanding of the network architecture.
- Excellent communication & troubleshooting skills.
IBM is hiring these positions to be located at our Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near Cumberland, MD). United States Citizenship, relocation to the Rocket Center area, and the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance are required.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux and Active Directory - 1 Year Experience
- Vulnerability Scan tools - 1 Year Experience
- Use of Putty and WinSCP - 1 Year Experience
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Tool administration - 1 Year Experience
- Intrusion Detection / Prevention administration - 1 Year Experience
- Certified in at least one industry recognized areas such as CISSP, CISA, or Security+
- Ability to relocate to Rocket Center, WV area
- Ability to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- AppScan, Nexxus and Guardium- 1 Year
- QRadar administration/monitoring - 1 Year
- ACAS Security Center Vulnerability Scan Tools - 1 Year
- Wireless Intrusion Detection administration/management - 1 Year
- Knowledge of SAML and PKI operations - 1 year
- Trouble shooting servers - 1 year
- Active DOD Security Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top