Security Delivery Project Executive
The Security Delivery Project Executive (SDPE) is responsible for overall functional program success. The role is targeted at ensuring client needs are met by constructing partnerships between the client and various organizations - including IBM Security and/or client Project Offices, Security Services resources (consulting, systems integration, managed services, off-shore delivery and subcontractors) and IT / network service providers engaged by the client - and managing the implementation of these partnerships to drive positive customer satisfaction.
- Provide account leadership to the Security Services delivery teams and direct teams to develop program / project strategies and implement resulting solutions to meet contract deliverables and Client expectations
- Implement project plans and Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes (IMACs) approved through Change Management
- Work with various Security teams to remediate vulnerabilities and communication action plans to the client
- Participate in annual continuity, security audit, policy and system reviews
- Manage IBM Security Services resources - inclusive of employees and contractors / subcontractors - and coordinate with client resources to deliver in scope services and solutions on schedule
- Manage quality of Security Services provided by the delivery team(s), and track and report on service level performance by the operations teams
- Serve as point of escalation with accountability for prompt identification, resolution and communication of delivery issues (i.e., contract gaps, resource or schedule issues) that may impact client satisfaction and/or Security Services revenue and profit
- Responsible for managing delivery critical situations, leading root cause analysis, building get to green plans, and continuous improvement plans
- Oversee delivery operations in the account - including reviewing delivery of services to scope and defined schedule, actively participating in scope change discussions, managing to the financial targets, coordinating resources and contract changes, managing Client expectations and satisfaction, communicating effectively and consistently with Client and IBM stakeholders on program status and/or issues, bringing thought leadership or sharing best practices with the Client on topics of interest, etc.
- Work with the security work streams to design and build operational and monthly program status reports and present to the Client, adapting messages to the level of audience (i.e., operations management, C suite, etc.)
- Support the Security Project Executive (SPE) and/or Associate Partner in identifying growth opportunities and contract profitability
- The role requires 50% travel.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English and French Fluent (verbal and written)
- Canadian Security Level 2 Secret Cleared
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or hold a Permanent Residency status
- Proven track record with delivery management in a matrixed organization and managing issues and program risks
- Information Security / cyber security knowledge
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in complex project / client management, delivery management
- Knowledge in contract management, financial management and compliance
- Good negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly adaptable and able to lead matrixed teams through changes
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Professional qualifications/certifications in project management and/or security preferred
- Experience managing a Security Operations Centre
- Knowledge of IBM Security portfolio and GTS processes preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top