Security Consultant for Incident Response - X-Force IRIS (m/f)
The Security Consultant for Incident Response is part of X-Force IRIS, IBM's Security Incident Response Team. IBM Security is looking for a good client communicator with in depth knowledge and understanding of Incident Response and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actors.
The Consultant must be able to understand Security threats and know how to deal with IT security incidents as part of a wider incident response strategy. A complete knowledge of live security incident management and handling is required, including leading, teaming, analysis and remediation.
It is critical that the Consultant will be able to rapidly learn new technologies, techniques and processes with minimal assistance.
Required Core Consulting Skills:
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Demonstrated written skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Preference for candidates with Secondary language skills
Please submit your CV in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- At least 3 years experience as IT Consultant
- At least 2 years experience in IT Security
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of investigators on diverse and complex investigations
- Demonstrated capability in handing large scale investigations involving Targeted Threat Actors
- Demonstrated presentation skills, able to articulate and present to a wide audience from technical to the board room
- Demonstrated experience in SOC, Digital Forensic and Incident Response operations.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- More than 3 years' experience as IT Security Consultant
- Ability to work on multiple ongoing incidents from a technical delivery perspective
- In depth knowledge of all mainstream Incident Response technologies, and in depth knowledge of current targeted threat intrusion scenarios and capable of reproducing them in a lab environment
- Good understanding of the implications of Data Privacy legislation
- Good understanding of forensic and incident response methodology and tooling
- Good understanding of IT Security controls to protect an enterprise
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top