IBM Security is looking for experienced Security Consultants to support a variety of engagements across all industry sectors. These engagements will encompass the full end to end cycle, from initial client engagement, through assessments and road-mapping, to longer term engagement in an advisory capacity. Working for IBM you'll be dealing with end-to-end security, with an incredibly varied portfolio that aims to provide and deliver a holistic approach for Security Services.
This promises a fast-paced environment with innovative thinking right at its heart, with a broad range of industries and challenges on offer. IBM Security Services has a global security team of professionals, and we're expanding our services to meet the increase in demand we are seeing across all sectors of industry. It also has some world leading capability and services from the IBM Institute for Advanced Security and the X-Force team to leading products and services. IBM Security Services works alongside IBM Security Systems who have a portfolio of industry leading security software products across many areas, including QRadar and IBM Security Identity and Access Management.
Candidates will be able to apply a consulting approach to clients concerns and issues and will use knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and own research to address clients' security challenges.
Projects are based across the UK, often on client premises, so the ability and willingness to travel is an essential requirement. Flexible Working. All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy. Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following:
- Experience in consultancy engagements focused around the security industry, such as risk assessments, compliance audits and strategy advisory.
- Hands on experience in consultancy or delivery in two or more of the following Security Technologies:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention, Anti Malware, Email Security, Web Content Filtering, DDoS Protection, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Detection & Response, Patch Management.
- Knowledge of Information Security Management Principles
- Strong appreciation of risk management
- Ability to translate complex technical terms into business IT language
- Ability to confidently interact with clients
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise: (While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous)
- Experience of implementation of Infrastructure, Application and Cloud solutions
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. Security +, Cyber Essentials, CISSP)
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard, SABSA)
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Gov Good Practice Guides)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Understanding of service management at ITIL Foundation level
- Willingness and eligibility to hold UK Government security clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top