Security Compliance Leader
- Bangalore, India
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
We have a team of security compliance leaders overseeing solutions for this complex environment, collaborating with security architects and Cloud DevOps teams internally and around IBM. The security compliance leader's role is to determine the secure operation of the all computer systems, servers, and network connections in accordance with our policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
What you'll do:
A security compliance leader in our team will participate in some or all of the following:
- Providing subject matter expertise in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate enterprise programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with all applicable regulations including ISO, SOC, HIPAA, PCI, FedRAMP/FISMA
- Having the ability to utilize working knowledge of information security best practices such as: NIST 800 series, ISO 27000 series, GDPR, etc
- Interpreting standards, requirements, and their application to the enterprise Cloud environment in the most reasonable and cost-effective manner
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and overseeing enforcement of security policies
- Collaborating with security architects and technical security teams to define and implement security processes and procedures based on industry-standard best practices and compliance requirements. Defining the requirements and validating the procedures and audit testing methodology
- Conducting regularly scheduled audits on systems and hosting third-party audits as required in order to maintain certifications and compliance certificates.
- Working with the DevOps teams to prepare ongoing client reporting, information for prospective clients, and marketing materials
- Providing training to teams as needed
- Assisting team members and internal clients in addressing highly complex security issues applicable to enterprise environment
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in multiple of the following areas is required:
- Ability to utilize working knowledge of information security best practices such as: NIST 800 series, ISO 27000 series, GDPR, etc
- Experience with compliance programs such as FFIEC or FedRAMP/ FISMA, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2, or PCI
- Experience in risk assessment processes, policy development, proposals, work statements, product evaluations, and delivery of technology
- Ability to understand enterprise business computing operations/requirements, and in particular, Cloud
- Ability to stand firm on issues yet be flexible and creative when working with customers to find effective solutions
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to information protection and develop and implement appropriate processes to achieve and maintain compliance and reduce risk.
- Education considerations include
- Computer science BSc or equivalent
- Security/privacy specific training such as CIPT, CRISC, CISSP
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in multiple of the following areas is desirable:
- Masters in Computer Science or equivalent degree is preferred
- Working in a change-controlled production environment.
- Administering systems that are internet facing.
- Diagnosing the root cause of problems and propose solutions: Examples would be failed patches, tooling issues, false positives on system tests, authentication problems.
- Expertise in system configuration, especially privilege control (for example sudoer configuration), and system level firewall (iptables)
- An understanding of basic networking concepts: ipsec tunnels, firewalls, routers, public and private addressing.
- Project Management knowledge and experience a strong plus
- Experience with operations of data centres or Cloud, and networking security including security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, OS patching, healthchecking
- Experience with container-based architectures and implementations such as kubernetes, docker, etc
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top