Security & Compliance Engineer: IBM UK
The Cloud Databases team delivers managed database services to the IBM Cloud. Key to delivering the managed service is maintaining externally audited compliance accreditations (HIPAA, SOC2, PCI etc.). Meeting these requirements in a dynamic "Cloud first" environment presents new challenges, and the team has built a framework to address those issues.
You will be joining the Cloud Databases team & working on this framework to continuously evaluate & test the compliance position of the Cloud Database services. We will also be rolling the tooling out across IBM Cloud, and you will be responsible for both enhancing the system & helping teams adopt it.
You will be responsible for end to end software delivery, writing tests, specifications, documentation, clear code and running the compliance framework for the Cloud Databases team - seeing your code in action and working with the relevant teams to address non-compliance.
- A proven track record of efficient application development
- Experience and interest in issue resolution (bug fixes) as well as new development
- Dogged problem solver
- Proven proficiency with the Python programming language
- Experience with continuous integration (Travis/Jenkins)
- Able to work in a fast paced Agile environment
- Experience in using a modern Cloud platform
- Experience with the Python nose testing framework
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance accreditations
- Knowledge and understanding of Kubernetes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top