Security Architects UK
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Security is looking for Security Architects to support a variety of projects across multiple industry sectors. Your role will be a mix of consultancy, design and delivery. You might:
- Consider, understand and document client requirements;
- Engage with other teams in IBM Security and the wider IBM, to put a value proposition to clients and help win new business;
- Deliver agreed pieces of work either as team lead or as part of a team.
Projects are based across the UK, often on client premises. The expectation of team members is that they will travel to support clients on site.
Are you passionate about keeping current and open to new ideas?
To develop your knowledge, along with the cooperative nature of the team, you will be encouraged to constantly learn and improve by visiting industry events and workshops. You will also have access to the global IBM education portal which you are also encouraged to explore as we believe that education and development should not be exclusively security based. Making time to think and explore leads us to develop new ideas and to be better able to help our clients.
IBM has a long-standing commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings to the workplace. We believe that innovation comes from seeking out and inspiring collaboration in all dimensions. Consciously building inclusive teams and encouraging diversity of ideas helps us make the greatest impact for our clients, our colleagues, and the world.
All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy. Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
As a minimum, you have the following:
- Experienced as an IT architect and practiced as a Security Architect
- Has experience in defining and delivering security architectures in complex multi-technology environments
- Architecture of two or more of the following Security Technologies:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard, SABSA)
- Security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Gov Good Practice Guides)
- Security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Understanding of service management at ITIL Foundation level
- Willingness and eligibility to hold UK Government security clearance
- Knowledge of Information Security Management Principles
- Strong appreciation of risk management
- Ability to translate complex technical terms into business IT language
- Ability to confidently interact with clients
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top