Security Architect - Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance Services
IBM's Security Services Practice has an opportunity for a Security Architect in our Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC) competency. Security Architects should be technology and solution advisers with pragmatic experience in a particular security domain. These architects will act in many ways as technology consultants that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present to senior members of a client team. For this opportunity the architect needs proven knowledge and experience in the core security domain: Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC). The Security architect should also be able to speak to the breadth of the landscape at an introductory level across all security domains as well. The architect will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a member of consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects. The architect should be knowledgeable in solution design methodologies (e.g. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) type of approaches) and have the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Effective written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Depth of knowledge in the security domain: Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC)
- Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC)
- An understanding across the breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components.
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience in architectural level design in a particular security domain
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services firm focused on systems integration projects
- At least 3 years of experience in projects related to Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC)
- Basic knowledge in working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Basic knowledge in working with Security practitioners
- Experience providing technical leadership to assigned projects
- Experience leading assigned projects through an Architectural Review Board
- Experience taking business requirements and translating into technical architecture / solution for project teams to execute
- Readiness to travel 100% travel annually
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in architectural level design in a particular security domain
- At least 5 years experience in professional services focused on systems integration
- At least 5 years of experience in projects related to Security, Regulatory, Risk & Compliance (SSRC)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top