Security Analyst (m/f)
Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to work with one of the world's largest and innovative technology companies! Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you will advance some of the most exciting security solutions on the market.
IBM Security X-Force in Kassel delivers Threat Intelligence in the area of campaign
detection (e.g. botnet intelligence, bad actor identification, DNS Analytics, Web and IP reputation, Spam detection). Based on the algorithms developed in research we create software components and products which deliver actionable insights on emerging threats. This data is provided to our Threat Intelligence Portal IBM X-Force Exchange, as well as to our content security products and services.
As an IBM Security Analyst, you will use the latest tools and technologies available to monitor, evaluate, and analyze the global threat landscape. In your position you will identify tactics, techniques and procedures used in malicious activities as well as participate and assist in responding to cyber security incidents.
We are looking for people with excellent threat intelligence forensics and analysis skills. Applicants should be able to structure data and gain insights from aggregating and correlating various data sources. We expect you to communicate your work results effectively with our team members, technology specialists and customers.
A passion to engage in continuous learning and self-improvement is also a must, as the security market is constantly changing and requiring you to stay ahead of the threat.
Interested? Apply now with your complete set of documents!
Feel free to apply in German or in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Familiar with cyber security principles and concepts, e.g. vulnerabilities, exploits, typical attacks
- Strong investigation and analytical skills
- Experienced in collecting, analyzing and preserving forensic evidence
- Knowledge of security analysis tools
- Detail oriented
- Able to work well with team members, security specialists and customers
- Good communication and presentation skills
- German: Upper intermediate (B2 level)
- English: Intermediate (B1 level)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2 years experience in the area of Threat Intelligence
- 2 years experience in a SOC team
- 2 years experience in scripting languages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- English: Upper intermediate (B2 level)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top