As a Security Architect you would be client facing and leading the security transformation program and supporting IBM's infrastructure services in the transition from traditional in-house IT Infrastructure to a fully cloud computing based service model. The role involves being on-site at the Client location in Johannesburg, South Africa, and will be interfacing with Client IT Security technical teams and enterprise architects, infrastructure architects and security subject-matter experts.
- Identify and analyse key functional and non-functional requirements to enable the definition of the cloud security strategy and/or security solution strategy that would meet the business intent.
- Architectural Thinking, most important artifacts: System context, use cases, architectural decision, LOM, POM and threat modeling.
- Create security transformation roadmaps with clients considering security technology, process, people and governance.
- Conduct security architecture impact assessments.
- Security domain specialization capabilities: cloud security infrastructure, network security, data security and application.
- Analyze impact of compliance and security requirements and modify target cloud security infrastructure accordingly.
- Design target cloud security infrastructure leveraging new standard stacks in the target environment. (Architectural Decisions, High Level Solution Design)
- Finalize TSD with Low Level Design elements with special focus on security capabilities (provided by the SME's from the different technologies).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Decision making, positivity, time management, motivation, flexibility, problem-solving, design thinking, and conflict resolution.
- Security architectural design and analysis, defense-in-depth and Thrust modeling and Technical leadership and Big picture thinking.
- Communicate effectively in English in professional contexts.
- Certified CISSP, TOGAF or SABSA (L1 or above)
- Security management experience
- Client Facing / Trusted client advisor
- Cloud Security Architecture experience.
- Broad applied IT Security knowledge (cross technology e.g., Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint Network Security, and Qualys Vulnerability Management, and IBM Bigfix).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Open Group Certified IT Architect (L1 or above)
- Experience in the telecommunication and media industry
- IBM Transformation Program experience
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Back to top