Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Business Unit Introduction Incentives Cloud Services is part of the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) organization that supports and handles highly critical IT infrastructure for a set of financial applications with a solid focus on security and compliance. We administer and lead a hybrid environment including bare metal, virtualization, containers and cloud services, both OS and middle ware products for development and testing purposes
We are a mixed group of expert and emerging talent. We are looking to transform and modernize our operations with standard methodologies and automation tools in the industry in order to give the best customer experience to our partners and host large scale critical infrastructure.
We strive to keep learning and improving. We cultivate an open, healthy, diverse, and engaging work environment where team members are continuously gaining new skills which align with individual interests.
Want to work in a transforming organization with high goals and make a strong contribution? Come join us
Who you are Are you passionate about business transformation and bringing innovative technology to life? Do you want to continually learn and implement new technologies to solve business problems? Do you enjoy working as part of a close team in an open and energizing environment?
We are an empowered, co-located team of developers, analysts, and managers located in the Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore office. We are the IBM CIO office, and we keep IBM running across 175 countries across the globe. We operate with an agile mindset every single day, with the goal of continually improving our technical expertise and business delivery.
In this role, you will be engaged in application development as well as complex problem determination with a number of IBM, open-source and other emerging technologies. As an engineering leader, you are expected to be able to pick up new technology areas quickly and have previous experience in a variety of programming languages, protocols, and demonstrated agile programming/debugging skills. You will have some exposure to IBM technologies/products as well as many open source technologies. It will be part of your job to help evaluate the latest technologies and figure out the best way to implement.
What you will do
- Develop solutions for IBMers that excel at user experience, aesthetics, performance, reliability and scalability
- Evaluate and select appropriate tools to improve our teams' productivity
- Modernize our portfolio via migrating / rebuilding current applications on the IBM Cloud
- Build, automate and release solutions on demand
- Lead and prioritize backlog with guidance from Product Management, Engineering, Support/Operations
- Participate and lead all Agile ceremonies with your team
- Lead risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 4+ years experience applied knowledge of software development using Java
- Proven expertise in in Spark, Scala and SQL for 2+ years
- Proficient in source control management tool (GIT, Jira, Docker etc)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working knowledge in developing within Kubernetes on the Cloud
- Basic experience with Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka, Apache Ignite, Bazel, DB2
- Proven consistent track record in implementing via agile methodologies
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top