SAS Engineer- Data Modeling
The SAS Data Specialist is responsible to design applications required to automate business processes and meet business needs. The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages and custom components.
The role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
There is full responsibility for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity; also for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability.
- Analyze business requirements and create the functional specifications.
- Map business terms from the source systems to the SAS data model.
- Development and maintenance of ETL processes on SAS Data Integration Studio development
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good knowledge of relational database systems. Experience on working with SAS solution and Oracle databases.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Good knowledge of ETL Tools(SAS Data Integration Studio).
- Business Analysis/System Analysis experience. Knowledge of modelling languages represents an advantage
- Experience in the SQL Teradata and banking industry is a plus.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 3 years experience in working with SAS DI
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top