SAP MDG Consultant - Baton Rouge, LA
IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge is currently growing its SAP Business Objects team. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to develop and deliver next generation applications for Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing and Smarter Commerce to our clients. You will be able to gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the world's leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) Consultant will provide subject matter expertise and technical direction. Need someone with the strong knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM)
Must have led and participated in at least one MDM enterprise MDM Implementation - Preferably SAP MDG
Provide direction as part of the Master Data SME for a Master Data program for an enterprise
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead at least one master data domain (Customer, Materials, Vendor) work stream teams to gather information and execute master data needs
- 5+ years of experience in data management.
- Help define and develop standards, guidelines, Data processes
- Ability to understand and address Master Data Quality Issues
- Collaborate with Program management and master data management team
- Previous work experience may include working tools like SAP MDG, IBM Infosphere MDM, Informatica MDM
- Architect MDM and implement MDM solutions and ability to designing custom solutions and processes in MDM to help extend the functionality
- Ability to integrate using Web Services
- Data Modeling Experience preferred along with Good understanding of data warehousing and data integration concepts
- Experience developing conceptual and physical solution architectures
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience utilizing SAP technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Development/ Configuration/solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment
- Strong knowledge of SAP FI/CO, MM, SD or PM. Master Data, required
- Minimum 3 years of experience of providing technical leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members with proven success on multiple enterprise-wide software development projects with support and delivery in a production support role in a medium to large business.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Master data management with expertise in implementing SAP MDG
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in complex SAP environments supporting multiple components, preferred
- Experience in Sol Man - preferred
- SAP Certifications in related fields, preferred
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top