SAP Fulfillment Java and Middleware security
Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern IT practices to deliver and manage global business critical services? Are you a quick thinker? Can you communicate complex ideas? Do you love to solve business problems with systems and integrations? Do you want every day to be a bit different and allow you to work with individuals across the spectrum of the organization and expand your knowledge of operations across multiple departments? Then read on.
Above all, we are looking for applicants who will make an impact and thrive in an open, energetic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
A day in the life at IBM
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners - all while being based out of our open office environment in RTP, NC.
- Participate and/or lead in our lunch and learn sessions
- Take a break and have fun by participating in events as available
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
- Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to SAP security
SAP Java Security
- Technical understanding of SAP Netweaver Enterprise Portal 7.3 or above security model, roles, and structure on SAP ECC/CRM/CE or similar.
- Ability to support multi-server SAP NW Java implementations on UNIX based systems.
- Ability to architect and design optimized security solutions by working with global development and functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of J2EE implementations, Portal Content Administration/KM, UME, and JCO connectivity, and group/user mapping.
- Experience with large scale directory services integration such as (LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, OAUTH) and ability to setup future deployments.
- Nice to have development or scripting background and experience to troubleshoot and lead technical discussions during support of installs/upgrades/deployments of SAP EP systems.
- Senior functional analyst experience for requirements gathering and comprehending business objectives in an enterprise wide environment.
- Ability to cross communicate with upper management and present high level understanding of issues and or proposed solutions.
- Can also lead technical discussions and participate with Basis and other global security teams providing administration support, as well as direction to accomplish a common task.
- Individually demonstrate problem solving skills with the ability to recognize potential security flaws and or user management concerns with ability to creatively mitigate those issues early.
- Have application / program audit experience to be able to participate in pre-audit prevention discussions and create objectives to be compliant with IBM Internal Compliance standards (ITSS / ITCS104)
- Demonstrate continuous learning and provide feedback of industry standards or best practices in application to our global solution. Ability to plan for the future and scalable security agendas.
- Industry experience with Unix/Linux based Administration - skills to perform user id, group administration, network shares, and file directory level tasks.
- Strong understanding of Client/Server authentication concepts.
- Proper understanding of SSH security concepts and planning (SCP, SFTP, FTP, HTTPS).
- System administration ability to setup Active Directory, maintaining orgs, and groups. Understanding of group policy configuration and administration on Windows Server.
- Feel comfortable using system level commands to debug and troubleshoot OS issues for system or user accessibility on AIX, zLinux, and zOS Operating Systems.
- Ability to interpret security requirements for new connections and create custom roles and or interpret and customize out of box roles.
- Provide production support including high severity/SEV1 incidents...Flexibility with workload, assignments, supporting off hours during critical periods
- Interpret requirements into solutions...design, test, deliver working with technical, business and user personnel
- Relative enterprise experience in database integration on DB2 (or Oracle or SQL Server) to troubleshoot and setup first time applications/systems.
- Relative integration knowledge on IBM Websphere based Middleware products such as IIB, MQ, WMB, and Datastage.
- Identification and authentication in IBM WebSphere MQ. Ability to support implementation of new MQ channels and connections. Understanding of Queue Managers.
- Motivation/eagerness to seek out support in other areas as needed and to learn from others
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum 3 years of applicable experience in IT application security
- In-depth working knowledge of IT security best practices
- Strong team skills along with excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the requirement to document and maintain all security related procedures and process documentation
- Ability to work independently and without supervision while delivering project requirements on time and as desired
- Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, off hours are needed to address production incidents and critical processing periods
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Shell scripting or general programming knowledge to pursue automation of security tasks
- Experience with Agile methods and practices
- Flexibility with assignments and ability to work in a fast-paced open environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top