SAP FICO Functional Analyst
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Functional Analyst will assist our clients in the deployment or upgrading of SAP solutions by supporting project teams and clients in aligning business needs with SAP module and solution functions. They will be actively involved in project phases and technological solution support.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Help the client define their needs and direct them to the corresponding modules and functionalities.
- Participate in the development of functional application targets related to the business sectors they serve.
- Ensure a cross-sectional view of the client's functional needs.
- Collaborate with the client's business and technical specialists, as well as the LGS project team.
- Ensure the correlation between solution development and the client's functional requirements.
- Perform the configuration of modules according to the client's business needs.
- Provide technical and functional support during the deployment phases.
- Develop and provide leadership during testing and quality assurance phases.
- Maintain technical documentation and transfer knowledge related to their responsibilities.
- Act as a consultant in their area of expertise and represent their department when interfacing with decision-making and technical bodies.
- May be asked to coordinate the integration of other solutions and features to complete projects.
- Provide an overwatch role in order to understand and anticipate trends in their area of expertise, and make appropriate recommendations in terms of developing best practices for the company.
CIC Montreal is an IBM Client Innovation Centre, which is operated by LGS, a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM . This centre offers development and application support services to Canadian private and public organizations. Focused on innovation, CIC Montreal employs a large number of young professionals who are supervised and sponsored by more experienced employees. This centre is characterized by its ability to simultaneously offer large-scale projects, stimulating professional challenges, an environment for lifelong learning, professional sponsorship and, ultimately, opportunities for career advancement. For our clients, CIC Montreal enables them to increase their productivity, reduce their costs, improve their innovation capabilities, and accelerate their time to market.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Education: Bachelor's degree or DCS in a related field
- Experience: 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in SAP FICO implementation and/or support , ideally acquired in the consulting field
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SAP configuration
- Sound knowledge of SAP Logistics (SAP SD/SAP MM/SAP SD-MM): procurement, pricing, purchase orders, pricing schemas, basic transactions, flows, integration points, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with RICEF, DEBUG/ABAP
- Familiarity with ChaRM and Solution Manager as well as Configuration and Logistic Execution
- Very good interpersonal communication and user support management skills
- Strong analytical, incident resolution, and problem solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Good negotiating skills
- Results-oriented approach and ability to meet service level agreements
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top