SAP FI/CO Consultant
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design. As Team Lead, this person is expected to provide day-to-day management of business process team members, managing scope of work, work assignments and resources across the functional team to meet client commitments;. This position requires strong organization and communication skills and knowledge of SAP financial functional areas especially FI and CO modules. Required experience includes designing/configuring business processes in SAP FI to: automate the management and external reporting of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable , and cash management; manage posting periods and period end closing; and enable open and integrated data flow between financial account and the other components of the SAP system. Required experience also includes designing/configuring business processes in SAP CO to: manage the flow of cost and revenue including assignment and management of cost and activity planning functions, assignment and management of overhead allocation functions; view actual costs by cost object (cost center, internal order, WBS, etc.); view/manage variances between planned cost and actual cost; generation of government reports such as DONIBIS and SSR. Candidate must have expertise with MM, SD, and FM to integrate functionality.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Selected candidates may not need to travel for all projects outside of their metro area. However, all candidates must be able and willing to travel based on assigned project demand. Travel requirements may vary but could be up to 100%. Candidates are not able to refuse project based on travel
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) PSHJ GBSPSDC gbs75sts inteloh
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years SAP experience working with FI and CO functional areas
- Strong leadership skills with several years experience as functional team lead
- Experience managing a team from multiple organizations
- Expertise in business requirement development and documentation
- Experience working on complex, long-term projects Knowledge and expertise in all phases of development and deployment lifecycle
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
- Must have working knowledge of the MS office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
- Candidates must have either a Public Trust or NACLC
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Federal experience desired (DoD experience preferred)
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Local to Washington, DC
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top