SAP Enterprise Architect
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
The SAP Enterprise Architect is responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve complex business objectives.
Below are the Responsibilities for the position include:
- Experience with SAP software architectural design, development, integration, and testing and short-term/long-range enterprise strategic planning, budgeting, systems analysis and design
- Strong SAP Basis experience required (performance optimization, administration, trouble shooting, planning, sizing)
- Ability to align SAP roadmap and strategy with business and technology roadmap and strategy
- Responsible for identifying, researching and prototyping new SAP technologies and innovations, in partnership with the business and relevant architecture domains
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that supports and drives business outcomes
- Provide infrastructure integration strategic oversight and oversight by identifying risks or issues with network, storage, servers, backup/recovery and DRP
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives, requirements and designs at different levels of abstraction to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively collaborate with senior business leaders and business function leaders to set long-term strategies and short-term objectives and requirements
- Review and sign off on architecture designs
- Perform validation checks during build & deployment phases to ensure alignment with approved architecture designs
- Drive improvements of architecture processes, methodologies and services, ensuring the quality of architecture assets
- Develop architecture metrics and plans to achieve results
- Work with SAP to bring in SAP resources where required
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills and understanding of how to motivate and challenge other technical team members
- Working knowledge of IT governance and operations, and act as a strategic solution advisor within the governance structure
- Experience with Solution Manager 7.2, Process Orchestration, GRC, Redwood, MI, ADS, OpenText, BowBridge is considered an asset
- Effective in working and communicating across strategy, implementation, and support, including business strategy, process strategy, product strategy, high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and production support
- Contribute to development of high level estimates by providing implementation knowledge, strategies, and standards for new project work
- Strong demonstrated SAP technical leadership coupled with ability to collaborate effectively with multiple technical teams
- Experienced understanding of all aspects of SAP software and hardware processes and familiarity with alternate approaches
- Expertise in software delivery practices, preferably agile or scrum
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and to resolve technological disagreements with informed, rational debate
- Ability to sell, influence, and build consensus at all levels of the company including senior leadership at the corporate and division level
- Ability to translate idea's into actionable requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with the S/4HANA, Business Suite, BOBJ on the following databases: Oracle, HANA, Sybase ASE and operating systems: RHEL 6/7, MS SQL Server is preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top