SAP BI/BOBJ/HANA Consultant/Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge has an immediate opportunity for an experienced forward thinking SAP BI/HANA Consultant with a passion for growth and innovation. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our clients in areas such as Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing or Smarter Commerce. Our clients are some of the world's leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
he SAP BI/HANA Consultant has the primary responsibility for the rollout of technical and functional aspects of the SAP BI / HANA solution. The SAP BI / HANA Consultant will lead the integrated planning, design, implementation and support of SAP BI / HANA based solutions including SAP LT Replication Server, SAP ECC, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Enterprise (Native) HANA and SAP BI/Business Objects in large and complex environments.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with both business and technical stakeholders of client companies and a proven track record designing and implementing SAP (Native) HANA Solutions, traditional SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and BW on HANA solutions. The candidate must be a team player, proactive, an effective communicator with ability to work independently and manage other development resources.
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As a SAP BI/HANA Consultant , the candidate will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading commercial and public sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, as a consultant you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel expectations are approximately 50%. No remote opportunities exist. Join a leader. Consult with us. Help build a smarter planet along the way.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with SAP (Native) HANA data modeling, schema management, content import & export, data provisioning technology including SAP LT Replication Server, Data Services and Sybase replication server.
- Experience working with traditional SAP BW and SAP BW on HANA features.
- Experience with various SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) tools, development lifecycle on either BW or SAP (Native) HANA from design through implementation and production support.
- Experience required with SAP (Native) HANA and SAP BW Security concepts including User Management, Roles, and Privileges.
- Experience with at least 2 SAP BW on HANA migration, architecture design and implementations.
- Experience required with technical planning, installation, upgrade, Operating Systems DB migration and Unicode Conversion.
- Ability to plan for SAP (Native) HANA or SAP BW implementations including sizing, scoping, high availability and disaster recovery strategy.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience delivering Proof of Concepts.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top