SAP Basis Resources
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Basis resources will apply expertise/capabilities to lead delivery of Basis administration services to client. Duties will include:
- Design and implement SAP environments and develop creative solutions to meet database performance.
- Manage and ensure availability and performance of SAP systems, including underlying databases and servers.
- Manage Production SAP landscapes.
- Lead functional teams/end users to proactively identify, resolve, and eliminate production issues and performance variances.
- Understand and manage disaster recovery systems using Oracle Dataguard.
- Evaluate and apply updates and patches, as required.
- Document procedures and system changes.
- Monitor and Tune SAP performance.
- Administer system and end-user security using the SAP profile configurator and related transactions, maintaining documentation and following established procedures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active Top Secret - Single Scope Background Investigation (TS-SSBI) clearance.
- 5+ years SAP Basis experience.
- Security + certification and Linux certification.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top