SAP ABAP/PI Senior Consultant
Would you like the opportunity to join the IBM SAP organisation? Then this is your chance! Our SAP Service Line is a dynamic team who engage with clients to bring them deep industry expertise. It helps clients to identify opportunities to use information technology more effectively, generating new intelligence and thereby improving their business performance and creating competitive advantage.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
As SAP Technical Analyst , you will have to partecipate to sell and to deliver SAP consultancy projects in selected clients.You will have to position IBM Global Business Service in the consultancy market. The role requires the capability to understand clients business needs, propose the appropriate consultancy offering, engage the client, lead and be part of the delivery team. Moreover you will partecipate to the offering development phases of selected projects, and will be responsible to the Intellectual Capital management harvesting and the younger colleagues growth trough mentoring and coaching activities
This is a senior position focused on solutioning and deliverying SAP application.
You will have to contribute to the Sales cycle, developing the appropriate solutioning to meet Customer needs.
You will have to define SAP architecture, partecipate to develop resources plans and associated costs, and contribute to close sales opportunities.
You will have to participate to the Delivery phase, as a Project Technical and Development Team Leader.
You will learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of SAP Application products and technologies, competitors, industry trends.
As SAP Technical Analyst you will be required to:
• analyse business requirements, develop solution proposals and specifications,
• translate business and functional requirements into technical specifications,
• develop project plans based on business requirements,
• work with functional consultants and business analysts to develop functional pilots and system prototypes,
• design and build functional enhancements, interfaces, reports,
• design and build data conversion and migration programs as required,
• deliver solutions on time to an agreed schedule,
• participate in process workshops and system demos,
• support solution validation and testing; analyse and correct errors
You will develop and maintain competitive knowledge on industries and products to leverage in the sales and delivery cycle.You will collaborate with other IBM teams and organizations on sales strategy and act as Tecnical Subject Matter Expert for selected SAP Applications and Solutions.
- bachelor's degree (Mathematics, Computer science, Economics, Management and Information Technology Engineering),
- minimum 3 years SAP experience,
- Specific experience on IS-U ABAP/HANA is a plus- proven ability to manage complex delivery cycle, with a track record of at least 3 full cycle implementations,
- proven track record in complex SAP implementations with substantial system developments
- must have at least 2 implementations on ECC 6,
- must have used and implemented the following ABAP tools: BADIs, enhancements (implicit and explicit), ABAP objects and user exits,
- very experienced in the development of BAPIs and enhancements,
- must have experience in Adobe Form,
- interface development experience,
- able to review and performance tune existing developments
,- excellent communication and negotiating skills with customers,
- strong teamwork capabilities,
- strong problem solving attitude,
- fluent english,
- strong communication skills.
- Location Milan,
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top