Salesforce Marketing & Sales Cloud Architect
The Sales & Marketing Services Solution Architect is responsible for owning the overall design of marketing automation systems as well as recommending best practice solutions based on clients' business needs. The solution architect translates business requirements into the architecture for that solution and describes it through architecture and design artifacts, which the rest of the development team then uses to implement the solution. A solution architect understands the business and technical complexities of the project and validates the correct resources and approach for the project during the pre-sales engagement as well as during project delivery.
The solution architect is often the development team leader. As such, they are often expected to provide motivation and guidance to the entire development team during the systems development life cycle. The solution architect must ensure buy-in from the development team, so that the team is motivated to match the detailed design of the solution to the higher-level architecture.
Solution architects play an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. Solution architects are both a consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture collateral. Often, the patterns and guidance solution architects develop becomes reusable in a broader enterprise architecture context.
- Overall owner of the architecture design and integration approach
- Translate business requirements/user stories into a practical, scalable solution that leverages the functionality and best practices of the chosen marketing automation system
- Lead onsite client workshops to share Bluewolf's marketing automation framework, best practices, and case studies
- Understand the technical depth of the project and validate the correct resources for the project
- Promotes best practice-driven solutions and integrated applications to reduce costs and improve adoption
- Writes solution documentation and specifications jointly with the technical architect to create a consensus-based, scalable, adaptable enterprise solution in sync with client needs and strategies
- Supports practice development initiatives, training, and internal thought leadership
- Work with clients to shape marketing automation system design and strategy and define and scope projects to address specific needs
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal teams during sales and delivery processes
- Keep up-to-date on latest industry trends and research to share with clients, drive practice development, training, and thought leadership, and develop best practices
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to distill business requirements into solution architecture and system design across marketing and sales systems
- Ability to see how the parts of the system interact with the whole
- Strong knowledge of business modeling and process documentation
- 4-6 years of experience in marketing, technology, and/or consulting especially in Salesforce.com
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with and certification in Marketing Cloud, including familiarity with Journey Builder, Social Studio, and the Connector
- Familiarity with additional marketing automation systems preferred
- Understanding of Salesforce ecosystem, data models, and common integration points with marketing systems
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops, technical and functional requirements gathering, and design sessions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in explaining complex technical issues to business users
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top