Sales Engineering Solutions Developer
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM GTS Labs is the technology labs for the largest business of IBM - Global Technology Services (GTS). Its mission is to transform GTS through software development and continuous delivery, establishing a User-centric Secure DevOps framework for GTS, developing and deploying advanced automation, creating and enhancing many service offerings, transforming clients with hybrid cloud, analytics, and cognitive capabilities, and building the IBM Services Platform with Watson. Having presence across 25 countries, we are transforming all industries with our solutions - spanning healthcare, financial services to transportation, energy and retail and becoming more essential to clients every day.
Who you are:
- As a Cloud Brokerage Sales Engineering Solutions Developer, you will work closely with Cloud Brokerage Sales, Center of Competency, Sales Engineering Architects / Developers to articulate the value proposition to current and potential Cloud Brokerage customers by providing subject matter expertise within the Cloud Brokerage platform and develop custom solutions to bridge the gap between customer's business / technical needs and current functionalities of current Cloud Brokerage products.
What You will do:
- Works closely with Sales Engineering Architect to create initial presentation of the Cloud Brokerage product to the customers and providing strategic envisioning of a solution which will work with CB product and customer's legacy systems.
- Integrates customer's public and private cloud service providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Softlayer, OpenStack, VMware, etc. with IBM Cloud Brokerage products
- Provides broad guidance for linking technologies to business requirements.
- Provides integration technology concepts and creates proof of concept (PoC) or pilot implementation to the customer.
- Provides product demonstrations and customization capabilities to current and potential customers.
- Participates in sales initiatives acting as Cloud Brokerage technical and integration expert.
- Coordinates with Architects to map customer business needs to Cloud Brokerage functionalities and needs for new functionalities development and integration.
- Works with internal Product Management and Engineering organizations on providing feedback for new functionalities required by customers during deployment stage and on the roadmap to implement them.
- Works closely with other sales engineers and architects to co-own PoC delivery ensuring that the proposed architecture is properly scoped and in-line with customer goals and business / technical requirements.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You can work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
- Work with a team of highly motivated architects and software developers to create hybrid cloud solutions
- Candidates will participate in developing complex 'First of a Kind' solutions using IBM and open-source tools and platforms.
- Taking direction from IBM Distinguished Engineers and other key leaders, the developers act as subject matter experts to architect and develop the leading edge solutions for IBM's clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience as Software Developer.
- 3+ years of experience in programming with one of the following languages: Python, C#, PowerShell, or Java.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud technologies (private and public).
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Proven experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Familiarity with the professional application of Docker and Containers.
- Demonstrated ability in providing guidance for link technologies with business requirements.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Success driven, works well with diverse teams and enjoys the dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to persuade others through logical reasoning, presentations, demonstrations, technical / software implementation documentation, and written communications.
- A technology visionary but understands technology and business capabilities and feasibilities
- Ability to travel (including internationally) as needed.
- A passion for helping clients succeed in designing and implementing modern technology solutions.
- Proven analytical, deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Proven verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with all levels of client staff and internal teams.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top