Safety and Health Professional
The safety/industrial hygiene position is expected to apply broad knowledge and an ability to recognize and evaluate potential occupational hazards and recommend controls in relation to this role. They will develop, implement, and maintain high quality safety &/or industrial hygiene programs and processes to assist line management.
- Approves safety/industrial hygiene aspects of the design and installation of unique operational equipment, facilities and processes.
- Devises, coordinates and conducts safety surveys, industrial hygiene measurements and investigations in complex environments (e.g. manufacturing, research, mobile workforce, etc.).
- Performs incident/accident investigations to determine root cause and enact countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory and company requirements in addition to professional advancements in the Industrial Hygiene and Safety disciplines.
- Evaluates existing processes and implements continual improvement consistent with OSHA VPP, OHSAS 18001 & emerging ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Defines goals and provides technical direction as a member of a multi-functional team.
- Effectively teams with others to provide employee health and safety services and develop/implement new employee well-being initiatives.
- Participates in regional and geography health and safety audits and peer reviews.
- Uses knowledge from several technical disciplines to recognize potential hazards, determine root causes and recommend action plans for highly complex issues.
- Maintains leadership skills required for providing technical direction to lead significant multi-functional teams and conduct special projects, and
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of business unit strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills, knowledge and ability to research leading industry practices for identifying technical occupational risks and non-compliances as well as the ability to resolve well-being challenges
- At least some experience in effective problem-solving and the ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- An understanding of existing regulatory requirements as well as ability to ascertain emerging and expanding regulatory interpretations of requirements.
- At least some experience in a research/manufacturing work environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top