Safer Planet Services Consultant
The Safer Planet Services Consultant is responsible for the successful implementation of our products and solutions for our customers, including delivery activities across the whole life cycle of a project.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding role, requiring a blend of analytical, technical and client facing 'softer' skills. Our consultants are expected to be able to listen, understand our customers' requirements and turn those into working software. That often means also having to overcome any technical related issues and dependencies that are always a part of any project in the real world. Get that however and there is nothing like the positive feeling you get from seeing a happy customer, and your work truly making a difference.
Regular travel in EMEA will be expected.
The main duties are:
- Deployment of our software products to meet specific customer use cases:
- Intelligence Analysis for Law Enforcement, Defense and National Security
- Fraud Analytics and Investigations in Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Tax and other commercial or government organisations.
- Emergency Management & Video Analytics for Cities, Airports, Shopping Malls and other organisations and infrastructure.
- Assisting solution architects in the design of more complex or cross-brand solutions.
- Conducting requirements gathering and solution workshops.
- Data modelling and transformation to turn our customers source information into a form they can leverage within the product.
- Configuration and testing of multi-server installations, including security, external data connectivity, analytics and other capabilities.
- Delivering showcases, presentations and knowledge transfer to the customer's technical staff and users.
- Delivering both production systems, but also assisting with proof-of-concept or proof-of-technology deployments to assist with new sales opportunities or business development.
- Occasional development of bespoke extensions or 3rd party integrations based on specific customer requirements
- Pre-sales demonstrations and presentations
- Occasional delivery of technical enablement to our partners or customers.
- In addition to these duties, employees are expected to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required in order to fully perform the role or the changing nature of the business.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top