Safer Planet Sales Representative- Federal - Intel/DOJ/State Dept
The Safer Planet Sales Representative- Federal - Intel/Dept of Justice/State Dept is responsible for finding, developing, and closing transactions which address clients' business needs and deliver client value via IBM's i2 Analytics offerings including i2 Analyst's Notebook and i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis. You will work to develop solutions tailored to clients' business needs and offer IBM i2 capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
Preferred location is the Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Candidates with a compelling reason to be in another U.S. location (customer proximity, etc) will also be considered.
This is a senior consultative selling role selling to Intelligence accounts. It is essential that you are able to apply industry specific knowledge and experience to pro-actively bring new business and technology insights to assigned clients.
Selling IBM Safer Planet i2 platform solutions. Lead all processes including territory / pipeline management, opportunity identification, analyzing requirements of enterprise clients, selecting appropriate IBM solutions, leading technical sales team mates to develop and deliver Proof of Concept (POCs), demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes / pricing, and other proposal development activities. Employees in this role will present the value of IBM Safer Planet solutions to all levels of the client. They will be responsible for accurately reporting sales pipeline using IBM reporting tools and be responsible for meeting individual quota numbers. They must be effective in teaming with other IBM sales and technical sales team members to drive software revenue within their territory.
- Proven track record in complex software sales and surpassing revenue goals.
- Top Secret Clearance or higher is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in accurately forecasting the progression and closure of software sales transactions.
- Ability to develop a strategic territory plan at the same time as executing on tactical monthly commitments.
- Seasoned enterprise software seller with proven ability to navigate complex customer environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress opportunities from opportunity identification to closure.
- Evidence of working cohesively with internal and external partners to develop customer relationships and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
This role is being created as a growth position due to IBM Federal i2's success. This is a key career-changing role for a highly motivated senior seller.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least five years experience in enterprise software sales to the U.S. federal government or equivalent field experience using Intelligence Analysis tools
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- TS/SCI Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top