Retail Industry Architect, Consumer Industry Center of Competence
IBM's Consumer Industry Center of Competence (CoC) is a global team of consultants with deep industry expertise that works to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's eminence in the Retail, Consumer Products, and Fashion industries.
CoC consultants are part of the global Consumer Industry leadership team, and work face-to-face with clients to address their business, operations, and technology challenges as they reinvent themselves for the future.
We are seeking Retail Industry Architects who are passionate about retail / technology innovation and who are dynamic out-of-the-box thinkers who can deliver results in a fast-paced business environment. Our industry architects convert business requirements into best-of-breed solutions (IBM and non-IBM products) and need strong executive presence and experience in sales, solution development, and delivery across multiple concurrent client engagements. In addition, industry architects are called on to develop innovative solutions that enable senior decision makers to maximize the strategic value of IBM and exploit disruptive technologies to address key industry challenges and opportunities.
We are specifically looking for architects with deep experience in one or more of the following solution areas:
- Digital Commerce, Marketing, and Customer Engagement
- Store and Mobile
- ERP, Merchandising, and Supply Chain
- Enterprise AI and Analytics
- Hybrid-Cloud and Cloud-Native solutions and technologies
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Leadership and Solution Development: Working with clients to determine their overall business, operations, and technology objectives; defining their overall enterprise architecture; and leading the development of technical solutions and/or providing the technical guidance to drive the business / operational solutions.
Sales and Proposal Management : Establishing project vision and objectives with the client. assisting the proposal team in the development of client-specific solutions definition of project scope and approach; and preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and/or Requests for Proposal (RFPs), and/or Statements of Work (SOWs).
Project Delivery : Performing a technical leadership role on client projects, including early stages of client delivery, transition to long-term delivery team(s), leading individual workstreams, creating and/or reviewing project deliverables; enabling project teams using IBM assets, tools and methods; providing industry / technical subject matter expertise; conducting worksessions and presentations with client senior executives; and identifying and securing new and follow-on engagements.
Client Visioning : Planning, scoping, and conducting client workshops to discuss their business / operational / technical issues, share IBM Points of View (PoVs) and solutions, and identify specific opportunities to be pursued.
People Management : Managing junior consultants as part of a client engagement and/or mentoring them to help in their career progression and development of industry / technical knowledge and skills.
Relationship Management: Developing and managing internal IBM and external / industry senior executive relationships; demonstrating an executive presence with the ability to establish credibility from the first meeting.
Thought Leadership and Knowledge Management : Developing and/or managing intellectual capital throughout client engagements and internal projects; developing and publishing industry and solution architecture and other related artifacts that can be leveraged across teams; actively participating and/or leading knowledge sharing activities; and establishing personal eminence, all both internally within IBM and externally in the industry.
This position will require frequent domestic and/or international travel.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive IT experience, including at least 8 years building IT solutions for retailers and/or leading teams to deliver retail solutions, including working with multi-billion-dollar global retailers to architect and design transformational solutions.
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following retail systems: ERP, Merchandising, Commerce / POS, Order Management, MDM / PIM, Marketing and Customer Engagement, Supply Chain, and Analytics.
- Indepth consulting experience, preferably at a large consulting firm, with hands-on experience in the sales, development, and delivery of retail industry technology solutions
- Proven experience in software development lifecycles and agile development
- Experienced in cloud-native, hybrid-cloud, and traditional on-prem architectures and solutions
- A passion to "go deep" on one or more of IBM's strategic initiative areas, e.g. AI, Blockchain, IoT, Cloud, Mobile, and/or Digital Reinvention TM
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- In-depth experience in IBM's retail industry solutions and/or IBM partner solutions such as SAP, JDA, Salesforce, etc.
- Expert technical skills in one or more of: AI / Watson, machine learning, Blockchain, full-stack development, DevOps and CI/CD, and Optimization and Analytics.
- Experience in retail cybersecurity and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in industry modeling techniques (BPMN, UML) and architecture frameworks (TOGAF)
- A strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven leadership experience working with multi-location, multicultural, and multinational teams.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top