Research Staff Member, Visual Analytics for AI
Have you read about our recent announcement on MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab? Are you interested in shaping the future of AI? The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is one of the largest long-term university industry AI collaborations to date. The IBM Research - Visual AI Lab in Cambridge, MA is searching for a talented researcher on the intersection between AI and Visualization. We work passionately and jointly with MIT faculty, staff, and students to increase the understanding of complex AI systems. And we drink coffee too.
The IBM Research - Visual AI Lab is looking for research scientists who are as passionate as we are about Artificial Intelligence, advancing science, and utilizing visualization to help invent the next generation of intelligent machines.
At IBM Research, we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work. We have an ambitious AI research agenda, and we are hiring researchers to join our projects in the following areas:
- Explainable AI
- Visualization / Visual Analytics
- Machine learning
- Deep learning, reinforcement learning, brain-inspired algorithms, learning to learn, interpretability, optimization, learning with memories , temporal modeling
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- Computer vision and multimedia comprehension
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise and experience in applying AI frameworks in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C++, Lua
- Expertise and experience in creating the full web stack using Flask, Node.js, ES5/6, Webpack, D3, react.js
- Advance d skill level in creating and leveraging AI techniques such as machine learning, NLP, knowledge induction, machine reasoning
- Experience communicating your research in technical communities such as publications in NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, as well as IEEE VIS, ACM SIGCHI, and similar venues in AI and Visualization
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Visualization for Machine Learning, or related technical fields
- Advanced skill level with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks including but not limited to: Tensorflow, Caffe, (Py)Torch
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Contributing to open source projects
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top