Research Staff Member - AI Hardware Acceleration
Are you interested in shaping the future of AI? We are looking for engineers and scientists who are as passionate as we are about artificial intelligence, advancing science, and inventing the next generation of intelligent machines. As an IBM Researcher, you get to work on the most cutting-edge and exciting projects and interact with the brightest minds focused on advancing IBM's AI mission. We want to bring out the best in you and expect you to do the same to us. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of our team and the company.
We have an ambitious research agenda and are seeking a Research Staff Member to lead ground-breaking work in the design and implementation of new hardware solutions for AI workloads.
- You must have demonstrated expertise in VLSI circuit design and architecture through research publications or product implementations.
- Be prepared to work within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware and software to establish and drive research projects in AI hardware acceleration.
- A strong background in the design, modeling, and simulation of microprocessors/ASICs is essential, as is proven expertise in high-performance integrated circuit design, low-power techniques, and electronic design automation tools.
- Experience in processor and accelerator architectures, logic design, and ASIC design flows is preferred.
- Collaboration and written and verbal communication are critical to our work as our projects demand close interactions with other IBM Research groups, product division partners, and government and commercial customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proven electrical engineering and computer hardware fundamentals
- 5 years experience in VLSI circuit design
- 5 years experience in using electronic design automation tools
- 3 years experience in computer micro-architecture
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3 years experience in VLSI design tapeout
- 1 year of software-hardware co-design experience
- 1 year in low-power circuit design in advanced technology nodes
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top