Research Staff Member, AI Computer Vision
Have you read about our recent announcement on MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab? Do you know that computer vision expert Antonio Torralba is leading this research lab? Are you interested in shaping the future of computer vision? The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is one of the largest long-term university industry AI collaborations to date. Our Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI. If you're interested in working with some of the world's most talented researchers to advance AI, and computer vision, we may have an opportunity for you! Check some of our exciting computer vision projects at http://research.ibm.com/cognitive-computing/computer-vision/
We are looking for research scientists who are as passionate as we are about computer vision and Artificial Intelligence, advancing science, and inventing the next generation of intelligent machines.
At IBM Research, we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work. We have an ambitious computer vision research agenda, and we are hiring researchers to join our projects in the following areas:
- Deep learning for computer vision and multimedia comprehension
- Video Analysis: activity Recognition, model acceleration, multimodal video analysis, visual reasoning
- Object Detection
- Visual Analysis of people: face recognition, face attribute tagging, clothing analysis, fashion analytics, person re-identification
- Few-shot, One-shot, Zero-shot Learning, Transfer Learning
- Vision and Language: image captioning, visual-question answering, visual dialog
- Explainable visual models
- Cloud-based visual recognition APIs
- Computer vision applications in sports, retail, media and entertainment, safety and security and others
As an IBM Researcher, you get to work on the most cutting-edge and exciting projects and interact with the brightest minds. We want to bring out the best in you and expect you to do the same to us. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of our team and the company.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Python, C, C++, etc.
- Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches.
- Advance d skill level in creating state-of-the-art computer vision methods
- Experience communicating your research in technical communities, such as publications in CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACM Multimedia, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, or similar
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related technical fields
- Advanced skill level with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks, such as Theano, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top