Research Scientist/Research Engineer – Machine Learning
Are you looking to perform cutting-edge research with real-world impact? The IBM Research Lab in Dublin seeks talented, experienced and enthusiastic researchers and engineers to join our team.
We are interested in candidates with excellent technical skills who are willing to go beyond scientific investigation and follow their work through to impact, by building assets for IBM products and clients. You will work with cutting edge technologies and our worldwide research team to engineer and design Machine Learning algorithms, services and end-to-end solutions.
As a research scientist/research engineer, you will be expected to define challenging problems, design and develop novel solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure that these solutions have a significant impact. Learning about new technologies and domains, and an ability to demonstrate innovative concepts to product teams and other research teams is essential. For this position, you will need to be able to work efficiently in a team with limited supervision.
If you want a challenge
and feel you have what it takes to work with one of the world's top industrial research organisations
then we would like to hear from you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- PhD or Master level degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics with specialization in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Data Mining
- Excellent technical skills with strong ability to program in Python
- Advanced knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch or Caffe
- Ability and willingness to acquire new skills on-the-go
- Proven experience in Machine Learning model design and validation on real-world data
- Excellent problem-solving and algorithmic skills
- Ability to execute research challenges, starting from problem definition to a working implementation
- Previous experience working in team environments with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong publication record in top-tier conferences and journals (NIPS, ICML, ICLR, SDM, KDD)
- Experience in writing research proposals
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of software architectures
- Knowledge of design thinking principles
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See full job description.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See full job description.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top