Research Scientist/Research Engineer - Blockchain
Are you looking to perform cutting-edge research with real-world impact? The IBM Research Lab in Dublin seeks talented, experienced and enthusiastic research scientists to join our team.
We are interested in candidates with excellent technical skills who are willing to go beyond scientific investigation and follow their work through to impact, by building assets for our products and clients. You will work with cutting edge technologies and our worldwide research team to engineer and design protocols for blockchain and Hyperledger Fabric, researching novel techniques and algorithms to improve the consensus, security and scalability aspects of blockchain and Hyperledger Fabric.
As a research scientist/research engineer, you will be expected to define challenging problems, design and develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure that these solutions have a significant impact. Learning about new technologies and domains, and an ability to demonstrate innovative concepts to product teams and other research teams is essential. For this position, you will need to be able to work efficiently in a team with limited supervision.
If you want an a challenge
and feel you have what it takes to work with one of the world's top industrial research organisations
then we would like to hear from you.
- Excellent technical skills and strong ability to program in go, python and C++
- Doctorate or post-doctorate background in either cryptography, security, distributed system, financial cryptography or blockchain
- Excellent problem-solving skills and algorithm design
- Ability to execute, starting from problem definition, to a working implementation
- Previous experience working in team environments with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong publication record in top-tier conferences and journals
- Experience in the design and implementation of blockchain protocols
- Experience in the field of financial cryptography
- Knowledge of software architectures
- Knowledge of design thinking principles
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
See full job description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
See full job description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top