IBM Research is looking for candidates who will thrive in a flexible and collaborative enterprise environment while managing a high performing team of multi-disciplinary designers. The successful candidate must be collaborative and able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person must execute effectively against multiple projects and deadlines and anticipate needs and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Manage an on-site and remote multi-disciplinary team across multiple time zones
- Be responsible for the overall scope, planning, execution, and success of complex design projects
- Help translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into designs across a suite of offerings.
- Help identify team needs in order to develop and contribute to business unit growth and strategy
- Assure team meets deadlines and assured proper alignment of the design and business goals
- Help resolve critical design decisions
- Manage allocated team budgets, manage staffing, conduct interviews, and employee annual performance reviews
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and client expectations across multiple business units
- Mentor and support the design discipline growth of each team member
- Manage the team's band distribution and balance for healthy team growth, career mapping, and retention.
- Understand the competitive landscape
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of related industry experience
- Advanced visual and UX design sense
- Intermediate understanding of the Design Thinking process
- Experience in design, design innovation, design research, design strategy, project planning, leadership, and mentorship
- Previous experience guiding team of designers in a complex enterprise level organization
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top