Remote Software Technical Support - Linux & Open Source Software
IBM Linux support works with IBM's largest clients providing technical assistance, providing root cause for outages, diagnosing defects, helping with configuration issues and advising on upgrades
Your Role and Responsibilities
What you'll do:
- You will be working with IBM clients through a combination of electronic interaction and via the telephone.
- You will be providing support to IBM's enterprise clients.
- You will be supporting clients who run one of IBM's supported Linux distributions. These include Red Hat, SUSE and Ubuntu.
- You will be supporting Linux on one of three architectures, x86-64, Power and System z.
- Every client call results in an opportunity to experience a new learning opportunity, the Linux team maintains a lab environment that includes a number of architectures and virtualization environments as well as products like OpenShift and GlusterFS.
- IBM supports our Linux clients utilizing a follow-the-sun model, even with this there is an on-call rotation required. All team members are required to take part in the rotation.
How we'll help you grow:
You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
You'll learn directly from senior level support engineers and through interaction with IBM developers. The IBM Linux team is a highly collaborative team, utilizing mentors, an active slack channel and team leads who provide guidance on client issues.
IBM Linux Support gives you the opportunity to experience a broad range of technologies and encourages all of the team members to identify an area where they can establish themselves as a subject matter expert (SME).
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with Unix or Linux.
- Remote Technical Support or IT fields.
- English Fluency is a must.
- Unix or Linux experience are a must.
- Remote Technical Support in IT field.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
RHCE or RHCSA Certifications
About Business Unit
IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) provides clients with a modular set of support choices, enabling clients to pick what support options they want for their environment. Options vary from foundational support capabilities (hardware support and software support, remote and self-help support) to proactive and preventative support, or managed support capabilities.
TSS provides support for IBM products (refer to TSS - IBM Logo Services) and non-IBM hardware and software (such as Dell, HP, EMC) through our Multivendor offerings; enabling TSS to provide broad technical support for our clients.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Innovation x Diversity
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top