Regional Income Tax Lead
IBM is looking for an experienced professional who has a solid background in tax and accounting as well as an exceptional track record of tax advisory and compliance, business development and clear drive for execution of complex projects within Singapore and wider Asia Pacific region.
You will assume a highly respected and accountable position in IBM's organization and one of the more complex tax positions in the region. The role includes a wide range of responsibilities and provides exciting professional and personal challenges with growth potential for the position holder.
The position is based in Singapore, the country of IBM Asia Pacific headquarters. Together with other members in the team you will be responsible for the end to end tax operations in Singapore including IBM's Global Services and Manufacturing hubs, IBM's Asia Pacific headquarters and domestic Singapore operations.
- Manage IBM's Singapore tax operations within the regional and global context and act as a trusted business adviser at all time
- Proactively drive the whole spectrum of external and internal compliance and end-to-end tax processes including corporate income tax, withholding tax, transfer pricing, employment tax and any other relevant taxes for all entities in Singapore
- Income tax return preparation, tax advisory, planning, forecasting and reporting as part of the Global Tax organization
- Cooperate closely with Asia Pacific and Corporate HQs in researching, analyzing and implementing tax planning opportunities and global or regional M&A activities.
- Report and update Asia Pacific Tax Director and Singapore CFOs on Tax matters
- Track tax legislation changes in Singapore and globally and optimize tax opportunities for the company, and update business and internal function units on the applicable regulatory changes that impact them
- Managing the relationship with Accounting and other internal organizations which provide data for tax returns. Administer operating procedures and recommend improvements to ensure the accurate and effective gathering of information from various reporting organizations for compliance reporting and audit purposes
- Provide practical tax solutions to business units and headquarters on financial and operational issues, which include domestic and cross border transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, etc
- Interface directly with local tax authorities and government agencies on assessments, actively support tax audits and any relevant tax issues. Prepare tax memorandums and documents including ruling requests, protests and legal briefs on complex issues which require a board knowledge of tax law. Build good working relationship with the revenue authorities
- Coordinate the relationship with external tax or legal advisors where necessary
- Manage tax incentives and ensure fulfillment of incentive conditions
- Work with Accounting on FAS 109 reporting
- Support HQ in various internal reporting including providing analysis on FIN 48 positions, etc
- Support IBM's SOX compliance activities in Singapore
- Support internal audits and peer business control reviews
- Build networks with tax community and IBM Singapore's leadership team
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in tax environment (both income and indirect taxes) including substantial experience with a Big Four Firm or reputable MNC; US MNC would be a benefit
- Strong Singapore tax compliance and advisory experience including managing tax compliance for multiple entities, working with tax treaties, withholding taxes, transfer pricing and indirect taxes
- A self starter who can work both independently and as part of a team.
- CPA certificate or equivalent.
- Able to translate technical decisions /strategies into business terms and implications
- Working knowledge in FAS 109 and FIN 48 concepts
- Candidates must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and take ownership of the projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- >10 years of tax compliance experience
- Preferably with combination of Big 4 tax firms and corporate experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top