Real Estate and Strategic Operations (RESO) Manager
RESO has a complex organization and serves all BU's needs, we also work closely with other stakeholders and partners in ensuring smooth day to day operations; i.e CH&S, Security, Financial Planner, Landlord, FM Service Provider, IBM vendor etc. People in this job role have expertise in the disciplines of electrical, mechanical, civil, or architectural engineering. He is responsible for developing scope of work documents; managing consultants; evaluating design and construction recommendations; developing project cost estimates and schedules; troubleshooting operating systems; evaluating and improving operating efficiencies and energy/resource conservation; and managing utility distribution. Other responsibilities include developing case studies, optimizing performance and reliability, identifying problems, analyzing root causes and recommending solutions.
He/she may also lead a team in delivering solutions to the site occupants using the appropriate business measurements; apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management; develop an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer. He will focus on individual/team/department/ operational objectives.
- Drives Real Estate Growth / Market Strategies, to solution the dynamic Growth, Relocation, Consolidation demands by focusing on successful planning & allocation of portfolio in consultation with business groups, effective infrastructure, portfolio right-sizing, process improvement, adoption of best practices, and business integrity. through applied knowledge supported by an outsourced RE consultant team in the country.
- Responsible to lead the Lease Management team who manages the IBM Portfolio, to ensure timely , accurate payments in line with the agreements. This includes new lease acquisitions, relocations, renewals, rent reviews, subleases, owned property, dispositions and early terminations
- Responsible for driving global best practice by continual improvement of business processes, systems and standards. Close cross functions interaction with Finance, Legal, as well as other functional support groups.
- Measures of success include documented improved efficiency, improved portfolio flexibility, balanced portfolio allocation between multi-project environments, high performance & consistent infrastructure, demonstrated compliance to national & international code / statutory requirements, success in meeting company's world-wide standards, and maximization of value-engineering and/or cost reducing opportunities to ensure cost effective deliveries.
- Ensure seamless communication, consistent follow up and timely receipt of all deliverables from all stakeholders (internal/external), analysts and local brokers
- Drive Real Estate strategies that improve efficiencies and effectiveness to meet organization objectives in terms of time, quality and cost. The PM leads project implementation programs to meet the long-term strategies of IBM's accelerated growth focusing on contract management, process improvement, adoption of best practices, and business integrity. Measures of success include documented increased productivity, improved consistency, demonstrated success in mitigation of risks, and maximization of value-enhancing and/or cost reducing opportunities.
- Facilities operations strategic planning for current & long term view. Crisis & Emergency management. Space planning. Asset management. Landlord management. Ensure statutory & legal compliances. General administration - House keeping management internal & external. Environment, Health & Safety compliance & management. Business support. Proceess ownership & implementaion. Budget tracking. Cost management. Operational control management. Contract Management. Vendor Management. Procurement / Costing. People Management including medium to high level / Key company management members. All the above for multiple facilities & multiple cities.
- Finance Budgetting, Forecast, Plan & Track to great accuracy. Process management, Business Controls, SOX knowledge & Compliance. People management skills to lead a highly talented & skilled team of Engineers & Technocrats
- Responsible for in country RESO team and broker teams performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure and experience in dealing with multinational corporate organizations
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport
- Experience in business development would be seen as an advantage
- Proficiency in all areas of real estate, project management appropriate use of tools, techniques and methodology; planning and budget management; commercial acumen, Capable of working independently and formulating goals, objectives and initiatives based on overarching management initiatives.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- Excellent prioritization and self-management skills
- Ability to create opportunities and build strong working relationships across the firm
- A keen all rounder with a flexible approach
- Excellent understanding of the real estate transaction process
- Strategically orientated
- Confidence to adapt and perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to approach tasks with initiative, a clear and efficient
- process, and with a mind for creative problem solving
- Good financial planning and analytical skills and attention to
- A proactive self-starter
- Good people management skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top