The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are the IBM CIO Network engineering team and we are looking for an experienced Remote Access Services (RAS) architect to support the IBM internal network. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with a small team of IBM architects, architecting and designing the enterprise RAS, which enable IBM authorized employees to access the IBM Corporate Network remotely. Our team collectively works to maintain network stability, security, and visibility to ensure that Industry best practices and SLA's are achieved, and to allow our organization to meet its mission objectives.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Define and refine the RAS architecture standards that address the requirements to support IBM's requirements.
- Partner with service providers and network hardware/software vendors to define solution configurations that leverage latest capabilities and provide stable and reliable operations.
- Define and implement service standards and practices that align IT services with the needs of the business. Define and monitor adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and industry best practices.
- Create, maintain, implement, and test appropriate contingency plans.
- Define key management reports required to validate global compliance with architecture, operations, and security standards, and identify automated ways of producing these reports.
- Collaborate with other network architects to provide strategical, secure and reliable RAS solutions.
- Identify reoccurring incidents and find solutions by leading support groups through root cause analysis sessions, major incident review, trending, elimination of known errors, problem ticket follows through, etc.
- Collaborate with other squads within the CIO organization on services and applications integration and optimization, advising on optimal use of RAS resources to meet customer needs.
- Troubleshoot complex network performance issues with other network engineers to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience as a network engineer or administrator in running medium to large scale RAS infrastructures.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Network architecture, design, or operations experience.
- Demonstrated architectural skills in developing and driving new solutions for medium to large scale RAS installations
- Solid understanding of enterprise networks, i.e. Campus LAN/WLAN, MPLS WAN, SD-WAN, DC Architectures, Remote Access Services, DNS, authentication, and network tooling.
- Experience in technical leadership and setting directions for a distributed team of skilled professionals, which does not involve people management responsibilities.
- Understanding of core Network technologies (Routing, Switching, Firewalls, etc.)
- Able to think and respond to IT incidents quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime and exceed customer expectations for service.
- Network certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-SP or similar
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience in designing and deploying RAS solutions.
- Strong understanding and experience in troubleshooting methodologies.
- Very strong collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work. In depth strong facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Network automation experience using programming tools (e.g. Python, Ansible, RESTful APIs, streaming telemetry)
- Network certifications such as CCIE, CCDE, JNCIE-SP or similar
- Master's degree in Information Technology or similar
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top