Quantum Computing Designer (UX/Animation) (Austin or Ytown Hghts, NY)
The IBM Q team is driving research and development of the industry's most advanced quantum computing hardware and software and helping our clients explore use of quantum computing for their most pressing business challenges.
We're looking for a talented designer (UX/Animation) to join our multi-disciplinary team to create great web experiences that enable a diverse set of specialized audiences to use the new tools we create to ultimately usher in an entirely new era of computing.
Our team is comprised of user experience designers, visual designers, front-end developers, and design researchers. We are looking for a passionate designer who can create websites and applications that meet and exceed our users' needs. We operate as a nimble, agile team that goes from zero to MVP in a matter of weeks through great collaboration and communication. You will collaborate with offering management, software development, and quantum community teams.
This position is located in Austin, TX or Yorktown Heights, NY
Bachelor's degree in design, user experience or human computer interaction is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required UX Skills:
- Interactive no-code prototyping for a variety of devices
- User Flows / Storyboarding
- Using design systems
- Good understanding of web motion principals
- Strong understanding of visual design principals
- Interpreting user research insights into interactive solutions
- Client / leadership presentations
- Versatile in the following applications: Sketch, InVision, GitHub, Mural, Keynote, Principle (or alternative motion application)
Required Animation Skills
- Visioning and concepting exercises; sketch and demonstrate interaction models, story boards, prototypes.
- Share industry motion trends, strategic perspectives, and exciting concepts with the larger team
- Portfolio of shipped products that show motion as a part of UI and the experience.
- Experience working as a Motion Designer, UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Animator, or related discipline
- Experience in applications such as Principle, Flinto or equivalent.
- Some experience in Adobe After Effects
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
-Preferred UX Skills:
- Remote and in-person usability testing prep and facilitation
- Visual / motion design
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality design deliverables
- Application: Aftereffects, Axure
Preferred Animation Skills
- Experience in 3D applications like Cinema 4D, Z-Brush, Maya, 3D Studio Max or equivalent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top