Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
IBM Watson Media is seeking a QA Automation Engineer.
Drawing on over two decades of industry-leading AI technology, IBM Watson Media offers products that have the power to reason, understand and learn what's inside a video. Watson Media enables leading brands to optimize video performance, maximize monetization opportunities, and unlock new value for their video content and advertisements. Our AI-driven capabilities empower our customers to not only solve current challenges, but also anticipate the intelligent future of video.
As a software quality assurance engineer you will be part of a scrum team that delivers cutting edge solutions for customers around the world. Y ou will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms:
- Own the development and executions of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
- Develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
- Participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of validating software products
- Understanding and working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with one or more scripting and/or programming languages and/or tools such as: Python, Perl, Shell
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to extrapolate positive and negative test cases from available requirements and specifications
- Ability to take ownership of the projects and provide adequate visibility on the progress
- Aggressively addresses and resolves problems, and actively improves processes, products, and/or services
- Experience testing applications within Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Collaborate with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met
- Unix/Linux shell / commands experience
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) / cloud environments
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, JIRA and other continuous integration tools
- Familiarity with Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top