QRadar Security Consultant - Product Professional Services
The UKI IBM Security Product Professional Services (PPS) are looking for a QRadar Security Consultant with proven record in Security domain and experience with IBM Security products. The candidate will have the ultimate responsibility of delivering the design, deployment, configuration, tuning and knowledge transfer of QRadar based SIEM Solutions for PPS UKI customers. This is a customer facing role, and therefore will carry utilisation targets.
This is an opportunity to work with the delivery of professional services for IBM QRadar (the number one ranked Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platform in the world). Be part of a dynamic team delivering professional services to IBM customers. Great opportunity for growth, travel and constantly interesting sets of challenges to solve. Our tight knit team thrives on working in dynamic customer facing environments, each offering compelling challenges and exciting opportunities to make a difference.
The QRadar Consultant will be expected to lead all phases of QRadar Security Information Event Management (SIEM) design and implementation of consulting engagements, including supporting required presales activities, request for proposal responses, and mentoring and training QRadar Junior Consultants in the practice.
• Experience working with QRadar System Architecture and Components, Log and Flow Data Correlation
• Planning the deployment of IBM Security QRadar implementation based on best practices
• Integrating QRadar with customer operations including log sources, VA scanners, cloud apps, network management and ticketing systems
• Assisting customers in building use-cases, operational processes with QRadar ecosystem
• Conducting security investigations into customer incidents using QRadar Security Intelligence
• Configuring and troubleshooting QRadar to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise customer environments.
• Tuning rules, false positive, root cause analysis, performing health checks on customer deployments
• Configuring and troubleshooting network and security devices, various operating systems, and applications such as web, mail and database services
• Experience with Red Hat, regular expressions, administration of operating systems (Linux and Windows)
Security Practise and Delivery:
• Participate in client meetings to gather and validate market requirements
• Provide assistance with proposals, statements of work, and provide peer review for other members
• Work with global and local teams to help organize project approaches and teams for client delivery
• Lead clients in requirements gathering, system definition and documentation.
• Participate in project delivery to varying degrees depending on project complexity and geography needs
• Worked with Project Managers, Resource Managers and Delivery Leaders
• Establish demonstrated client relationships in key accounts to help progress the Security Services portfolio
• Mentor junior consultants
• Achieve billable utilisation targets as assigned
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
•Experience in leading SIEM technologies and should have expertise on IBM QRadar platform management, architecture and components
Experience in administration of operating systems (Linux and Windows).
• Broad knowledge of security technologies, processes and strategies - SIEM, IDS, IPS, and Endpoint technologiess
Experience in operational security experience with: configuring networking and firewall devices , shell scripting.
• Good understanding of Information Security compliance regulations, frameworks, requirements (PCI, SOX, HIPPA)
• Knowledge in understanding threat actors, their methods, patterns, and the application of techniques from detection, through to response including forensics and investigations.
• Advanced ability to take business problems and design cognitive intelligence approaches to address priority use cases
• Knowledge in and experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions on large projects
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience in implementing security solutions (e.g., firewalls, Intrusion Detection Services/Intrusion Prevention Services, Antivirus etc.) in enterprise environments.
• Knowledge of security incident management and security operations (IBM Resilient) will be an advantage.
• Expertise in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment.
• Experience working with Managed Security Services clients.
• Any other SIEM tool experience like HP Arcsight, McAfee ESM, Alien Vault, Splunk will be an advantage.
• Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance (SC)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top