We have a great opportunity for growth, travel and an ever changing set of challenges to solve. Our team thrives on working in dynamic customer facing environments, each offering compelling challenges and exciting opportunities to make a difference.
Core responsibilities of this role as follows:
- Integrate QRadar with customer operations including network management and ticketing systems, and assist customers in building operational processes around the QRadar ecosystem.
- Tune and troubleshoot QRadar to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise customer environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot network and security devices, various operating systems, and applications such as web, mail and database services.
The following traits describe a successful candidate in the role:
- You have a firm grasp of network security fundamentals
- You have a solid understanding of TCP/IP
- You know your way around Linux
- You gork regular expressions
- You are an effective troubleshooter
- You have solid written and oral communication skills
- You work well independently with little to no supervision
Location of the role: Toronto, Markham or Ottawa
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Min 3-5 years experience with the below:
- scripting language(s); Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Windows Server (2008 R2 and more recent versions)
- logging systems, such as; Log Manager, Splunk, ELK, etc.
- SIEM platform such as QRadar, ArcSight, LogRythym, OSSIM, etc.
- Strong experience with network security devices; firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, proxies, etc.
- Good experience with network application protocols, such as; DHCP, DNS, LDAP, SMTP, HTTP, Syslog, etc.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Security certifications (CISSP, CISA / CISM, CEH, CEPT, CCIE, various GIAC certifications) are a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top