QA - Tech Re-Entry Program for Women
- Corona, CA
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Tech Re-Entry is a program for experienced technologists re-entering the workforce following a career break. Re-Entry hires participate in a ~6-month returnship program to refresh skills and prepare for transition to full time opportunities. The experience provides personalized technical learning to update and gain additional skills; earning badges and credentials along the way.
You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
We are currently recruiting for Technical Testers - Automation. If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
- Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases.
- Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
- Participate in reviews of design and test documents
- Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
- Turn product requirements into concrete design specifications
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code
- Trouble shoot and diagnose software problems and provide solutions
- Perform unit and integration tests on new software
- Ensure that delivered code follows secure coding practices
- Report status on a regular basis and ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycle
- Programming experience a language such as Assembler, C, C++, Java, or Python
- Ability to solve problems, debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top